Who are InfloAI?
InfloAI are a B2B SaaS provider. Their platform, which processes tens of thousands of articles a day in real-time, allows clients to publish engaging and up to date content vastly quicker than via traditional methods. Clients are also able to monetise their existing readership more effectively. InfloAI differentiates itself from rivals by using proprietary machine learning algorithms.
Why Lambert Labs?
InfloAI chose to work with Lambert Labs because of our strong Python skills, particularly those around using the Python ecosystem to collate structured and unstructured data, including text, images, and videos.
In addition, Lambert Labs were chosen due to our ability to work efficiently on all parts of the InfloAI technology stack, and our familiarity with cloud computing services.
What we did – technical implementation
- Built complicated product features on top of a custom, Django-inspired microservices framework using Kafka, ZeroMQ, asynchronous REST API gateway, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy and Alembic.
- Integrated third-party publishing APIs (Twitter, Facebook, WordPress, Contentful) to publish content at scale.
- Added UI functionality and components using Angular, Webpack and SASS.
- Used Python to download images and videos and upload them to JWPlayer.
- Improved the platform’s search capabilities using Elasticsearch.
- Rolled out deployments using PyPI, Docker, GitLab CI/CD, Google Kubernetes Engine and Google Cloud Storage
- Monitored and debugged application and infrastructure logs using Grafana, Kibana, Prometheus.
- Coordinated deployments across multiple microservices.
What we did – non-technical implementation
- Project management
- Participated in daily standups.
- Participated in fortnightly sprint planning and pre planning meetings, organising task management through Jira.
- Estimated task complexity in order to allocate developer resource optimally.
- Attended adhoc meetings for higher level planning, e.g. product road maps.
- Provided and listened to feedback during sprint planning retrospectives.
- Wrote new and improved existing documentation across the system using Confluence and Aglio.
- Code quality
- Unit tests
- Pull request reviews
- Integration and end-to-end testing in staging environments