Who are Caribou Data?
Caribou Data provides insights into how consumers in emerging markets interact with digital products and services on a day-to-day basis. The business is built upon a core principle of handling data ethically; one of Caribou Data’s key tenets is protecting user privacy and anonymity.
Why Lambert Labs?
Caribou Data wanted to move from an EC2-centric infrastructure stack to making more use of the full suite of AWS services. They came to Lambert Labs because of our experience and expertise with AWS DevOps: using building CI/CD pipelines, templating infrastructure to create repeatable deployment patterns via infrastructure as code (IaaC) and automating the deployment of secure applications that scale reliably.
What we did – technical implementation
- Migrated an EC2-centric application to make use of the more rounded stack of AWS services.
- Created a DevOps culture in order to increase Caribou Data’s ability to release applications more regularly and at high speed.
- Instilled security best practices as part of a gradual move towards DevSecOps.
- Configured CI/CD for several different microservices using CircleCI.
- Deployed three HTTPS-enabled Django apps to the web using AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Elastic Container Registry, and PostgreSQL AWS Relational Database Service.
- Created and deployed Python packages to the cloud using Github.
- Added API functionality to Django web apps via configuration of the Django Rest Framework.
- Extraction, transformation, and loading of data (ETL):
What we did – non-technical implementation
- Project management:
- Code quality
- Initiated and implemented code linting.
- Unit testing.
- Code review process.
- Setup a git-deployment strategy, using develop/master branches for staging/production environments.
Lambert Labs is essential to our business, having taken on responsibilities across our entire tech stack. In addition to the team being a pleasure to work with, they are incredibly diligent and knowledgable, always offering insightful, astute solutions. Highly recommended. (Will Croft, Co-Founder, Caribou Data)