Who are the Worshipful Company of World Traders?
The Worshipful Company of World Traders is one of 110 livery companies based in the City of London. It is a global body of traders across financial services and trading. It hosts a range of events for its members and provides funding to help educate and train young people.
Why Lambert Labs?
Lambert Labs were chosen to take over the hosting and maintenance of the World Traders membership portal because of our expertise with Python and our proficiency with AWS.
What we did – technical implementation
- Migrated the World Traders Python/Django-based membership portal to AWS.
- Used AWS CloudFormation to template the infrastructure.
- The production deployment consists of a Django application using a load-balanced Elastic Beanstalk environment, connected to a MySQL database running on AWS RDS.
- Configured a VPC with the load balancer residing in a public subnet, but the application and database layers residing in a private subnet.
- Configured staging and production environments to allow for robust release and deployment processes.
- Conducted an AWS Well-Architected Framework Review to ensure that the AWS workload we had created adheres to the AWS Well-Architected Framework.
We now host and maintain the World Traders membership portal on an ongoing basis, providing infrastructure management and feature development services where required.
If you would like to find out a little bit more about Lambert Labs then please feel free to read out about our Python development services, AWS consulting services or AWS Well-Architected Framework Review services.