Welcome to Learning at Lambert Labs session #20. This week, Tom discusses the Shellshock vulnerability, an exploit which allowed arbitrary code execution on target machines.
In today’s Learning session:
- What is the Shellshock vulnerability, and which technologies did it affect?
- A discussion of the Bash command interpreter and a little about how it works
- An overview of environment functions and how they were exploited
- Live demonstration of the exploit in Django
- Using a reverse shell to assist with the exploit
- Q&A from our developers!
Learn more about our Django expertise here: https://lambertlabs.com/technologies/python-software-development/django-services-company/
Read more about the work we do with Python here: https://lambertlabs.com/technologies/python-software-development/
🔊 Subscribe to our channel for weekly learning sessions! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi7G5sY0IWqSNUMnRptuJm
🔗 Lambert Labs Links 🔗 :
🌎 Website: https://lambertlabs.com/
📱 Twitter: https://twitter.com/lambertlabs
📝 LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/lambertlabs/
📂 GitHub: https://github.com/lambertlabs
⚡ Please leave a LIKE and SUBSCRIBE for more content! ⚡
⭐ Tags ⭐
- Software Engineering