Welcome to Learning at Lambert Labs session #13. This week, Guy King, explains how React updates State asynchronously in a component.
In Today’s Learning Session:
- What is State in a React component?
- useState hook in React 16+
- Callbacks for setting State
- Why use callbacks?
- Normal case vs. unexpected case with setTimeout
- When should you bother with callbacks for asynchronous updates to State
- Q&A from our developers!
🔊 Subscribe to our channel for weekly learning sessions! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi7G5sY0IWqSNUMnRptuJmw
If you’re interested in how Lambert Labs might use React or other web app technologies, check out our Portfolio!