Welcome to Learning at Lambert Labs session #11. This week, our founder George Lambert, takes us through the runtime typing checking with MonkeyType (made by Instagram) and how you can use it to make your code more readable.
In Today’s Learning Session:
- History of dynamic and static typing in Python
- Argument names, docstrings and the typing modules
- Problem: old legacy code is hard to type
- Solution: use MonkeyType to generate typing stubs or even annotate your code.
- Example usage and demo
- Q&A from our developers – how does MonkeyType deal with more generic or abstract types?
🔊 Subscribe to our channel for weekly learning sessions! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi7G5sY0IWqSNUMnRptuJmw
Like and comment on our other videos and posts and if you find adding Type Annotations in Python interesting, check out our Python page!