Welcome to Learning at Lambert Labs session #9. This week, Amelia Crowther, explains how to use pre-existing C code from Python modules.
In Today’s Learning Session:
- Reasons to use C code from Python (old legacy apps, performance, access to the C standard library)
- Two methods: ctypes and creating a C extension
- Demo using ctypes
- ctype function annotations
- Creating a C extension module
- Demo using setup.py to create a C extension
- Q&A from our developers!
If you want to learn more about the software we build using Python, check out our Python page.
🔊 Subscribe to our channel for weekly learning sessions! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi7G5sY0IWqSNUMnRptuJmw